Types of Fish in Florida
Marco Island Naples Florida Fish Species Guide
- Minimum size limit is no less than 26″ or more than 34″
- December 15 through January 31, June, July, and August of each year
- Daily recreational bag limit is one per person per day in the Gulf
- Snook permit is required whenever a saltwater license is required. Illegal to possess Snook more than 34″ long
- Illegal to buy or sell
- Some types of Snook are Fat Snook, Common Snook, Swordspine Snook, Tarpon Snook
- Recreational bag limit is two fish possession
- Requires $50 Tarpon tag to possess or harvest
- Ladyfish is also a type of Tarpon
- Minimum size limit is 20″
- No closed season
- Daily recreational bag limit is five per person per day
- Bank Sea Bass, Black Sea Bass and Rock Sea Bass are types of Grouper
- There are also various other types of Grouper whose names include Grouper
- Closed November 1 through April 14 (Gulf Only)
- Minimum size limit is 16″
- Daily recreational bag limit is four per person per day
- Types of Snapper include: Blackfin Snapper, Cubera Snapper, Dog Snapper, Gray Snapper, Lane Snapper, Mahogany Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Queen Snapper, Red Snapper, Schoolmaster, Silk Snapper, Vermilion Snapper and Yellowtail Snapper
- Minimum size limit is no less than 15″ or more than 20″
- Season closed November and December
- Recreational bag limit is five per person per day
- May possess one fish over the maximum size limit
- Sea Trout is a type of Drum, other types of Drum include Atlantic Croaker and Silver Perch, as well as others.
Marco Island Birding: SW Florida Hotels
Go Cats On The Water - Port Of The Islands, Naples, FL | 239-748-4099
Marco and Naples Most Exciting Boat Tour. Explore the backwater and mangroves for an unforgettable adventure in Southwest Florida. Everglades Backwater Sightseeing Eco-Tours in our safe, and easy to drive boats. Choose a 75 minute or a 3 hour tour. Our custom Go-Cat boats are fun for all ages and can easily be operated by both younger adults and seniors.
GoCatsOnTheWater.com - Naples, FL
Avi's Water Sports Jet Ski Adventure Tours, Caxambas Park, 909 Collier Ct., Marco Island, FL 34145 | 239-777-9873
Avi's is a family-owned business that offers some of the most exciting dolphin jet ski tours and jet ski rental adventures on Marco Island. You are invited to take an exciting journey with Avi "The Dolphin Whisperer" and take home a complimentary flash drive of photos from your adventure. Bring the family and make lasting memories. Contact us to book your dolphin Jet Ski tour.
Avi's Water Sports & Jet Ski Adventure Tours - Marco Island, FL
Naples Bicycle Tours, Naples, FL 34113 | 239-580-7960
Naples Bicycle Tours provides a unique opportunity for visitors and residents to experience Marco Island, the Natural Florida Everglades, and Historic Old Naples up close and personal, on a bicycle. All bike tours include everything needed for an amazing bicycling adventure: custom-fit cycle, helmet, drinks, snacks, and a certified FL naturalist guide.
Naples Bicycle Tours - Naples, FL
Marco Island Princess / Sunshine Tours, Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island FL 34145 | 239-642-5415
The Marco Island Princess is a 90' luxury yacht offering daily Sightseeing, Lunch and Sunset Dinner Cruises. All of our delicious meals are prepared fresh on board for your enjoyment. Our professional and friendly crew will attend to your every need. Two full service cash bars serving up all of your favorite drinks! Also available for Weddings and Private Charters. Marco Island's most unique dining experience!
Visit The Marco Island Princess - Marco Island, FL
Sunshine Tours and Fishing Charters, Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island, FL | 239-642-5415
Sunshine Tours. Fish the 10,000 islands, the best in Offshore, Back Water, Off Shore, and Near Coastal Fishing Charters. We know where the fish are. Also offering Marco Island Shelling Trips, and Sightseeing aboard one of our four fishing boats. Since 1984, Sunshine Tours has provided unsurpassed fishing charters, and on-the-water experiences for locals and visitors alike. Shared and private charters available. Contact us to book your Marco Island fishing charter.
Sunshine Tours & Charters - Marco Island, FL